Add links to and descriptions of additional resources on this open, editable GoogleDoc: http://bit.ly/DHSIaccess-resources.
- 4Cs 2016 Accessibility Guide (PDF)
- Accessible Syllabus, by Anne-Marie Womack.
- EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information: a great resource for online courses and webinars, some of which are free, on accessible IT. They also offer scholarships.
- WebAIM-Forum: a discussion list focusing on web accessibility: http://webaim.org/discussion/ and http://list.webaim.org/mailman/listinfo/webaim-forum/
- Firefox, a free, cross-platform web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation.
- Google Chrome, a free, cross-platform web browser developed by Google.
- HTML Codesniffer, “a client-side script that checks HTML source code and detects violations of a defined coding standard” and works with any browser.
- WAVE Chrome Extension, “allows you to evaluate web content for accessibility issues directly” within either Firefox or Chrome.
- Fangs Screen Reader Emulator: a Firefox add-on that “renders a text version of a web page similar to how a screen reader would read it.”
HTML/CSS: Online resources for learning / learning more
- “Learn to code | Codecademy”
- “HTML – Learning web development | Mozilla Developer Network”
- “HTML Beginner Tutorial | HTML Dog”
- “Web Design for Everybody(Basics of Web Development and Coding) | Coursera”
- “SitePoint HTML & CSS”
- “HTML5 from W3C | edX”
- “HTML Tutorials | Lynda.com”
- Doing IT Easy YouTube Channel
Accessibility: Online resources for learning / learning more
- “W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) – home page”
- “Accessibility,” Mozilla Developer Network
- “WebAIM: Web Accessibility In Mind”
- “The A11Y Project”
- “Information and Communication Technology Accessibility | edX”
- “Accessibility Tutorials | Lynda.com”
- Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference
- Caption Studies Conference
- DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology): University of Washington
- Accessibility and Usability at Penn State
- Accessible Campus
- Composing Access